20/11/2018 Making Mistakes- Is it so terrible?
- It is normal to have an emotional reaction after an error. Mistakes do not define who you are. Who you were the day before still exists- you are just having a few doubts. Try to keep hold of the real you.
- It is good to ask a few questions and learn from experiences. This is healthy and can actually help you improve. But avoid going round in circles- it does not help.
- Check out with others so you can have a more balanced viewpoint. Get support. It may not be as bad as you think. In fact more often than not it isn’t.
- Take extra care of yourself. When we go through stressful events we need to slow down and focus on self-care.
- Remind yourself that you will feel better given time. You just have to go through this process. It will pass. Give yourself time.
- When you feel more grounded you can take stock of your learning. Including about whether your expectations of yourself were reasonable in the circumstances.